Friday, November 20, 2015

Swingin' Bridge

If you live in Arkansas and you have a chance to slip away to the little town of Oark, do it!  We don't live too far from it, but we rarely make a trip.  Every time we do, we realize we need to do it more often!  There's just something about the simplicity of spending the day at the creek.  Reminds me of so many memories out in Bobby's field hiking to Flat Rock and just playing all day.
On this day, we got up early and headed to eat at the Oark General Store.  We had a fabulous breakfast and the people who were there were so friendly and kind!  After our breakfast, we drove to the Swingin' Bridge, which is just a few short miles down the road.  I made sure to pack the kids bathing suits, towels, snacks, and drinks b/c I figured we would be there for a while.  The kids had a blast playing in the water, wading in the creek, throwing rocks, and jumping off the rock.  It was such a perfect day that even Randall and I ended up in the water.  I didn't bring any clothes, but I dried off before we left.









As you can see from the pictures, we had an amazing day.  Nothing is better than driving through gorgeous scenery, having a fabulous breakfast, and spending the day doing the simplest of things, but enjoying every single moment of the time spent together!  This day reminds me of one of my most favorite quotes-


No comments:

Post a Comment