Thursday, January 22, 2015

Visiting Pops & Granny

It seems as though this past year has been so busy.  We had very little time to even relax as a family.  This year, we are striving to focus on our family a little more.  This included Randall's dad and his wife.  They live in Oklahoma, about a two hour drive from us.  We haven't been out in what seemed like forever.  We scheduled a trip, grabbed Grandad to come with us, and headed up there.

The kids and I in the back seat:

Randy didn't make it too long:


 As always, it was a great time.  I always enjoy spending time with them.  I captured some great memories with my phone.  I was sad that I didn't have my camera, but grateful at what I did capture.

Randy is such a little man.  He cracks me up.  He wanted to be right in the middle of his dad, Pops, and Grandad.  Pops has a room with guitars on every wall.  Randy was immediately drawn in and wanted to play all of them.




My favorite part was listening to Pops play and Grandad sing.  What a special moment that was.  This group of Qualls men are such a great family to be a part of.  I am thankful they consider me family.  I love them all to pieces!



Ruthie enjoyed her time up there as well.  We were a bit under the weather so she watched a lot of tv and rested.  I happened to catch this photo of her checking out the back yard.  They live right on a lake and their view is nothing short of spectacular!



These two snuggled up on the couch made me smile.


Later on during the day, Pops took us out to look at his farm.  He & his buddy Walt have done a fantastic job.  It was a miserable cold day though, so Ruthie and Grandad kept each other warm!


Trips to Oklahoma are few and far between.  Time with family is such an important part of life.  We are going to strive to make it more often.  








2 comments:

  1. These pictures are the best! Time spent with family is a treasure, and I'm glad you made time for this visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sadie! This is just a response to the question about the carving. Yes, he sells them. They usually cost about $100 and he has a year waiting list right now. :) With young kids, I know that's a lot, but I didn't want to ignore your question.
    Hope you are all doing well and enjoying Spring!

    ReplyDelete